Old June 3rd 21, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John Robertson[_3_]

Default Steering Rack Boot Replacement (clamp & tools)

If I have to, I'll use whatever pliers or channellocks that I have.
But I'm sure there isn't much room which will be the real problem I think.

I looked at a few DIY videos (but by no means all) where about half used the
plastic zip ties which I think won't hold up with cold, heat & oil around.

The other half used a metal clamp, about half of which used a typical hose
clamp worm gear type (which will hold up but which have sharp bouncy ends).

The rest used a steel clamp that came with the package but none (so far)
showed how they tightened/crimped that steel clamp but this one vide.
https://youtu.be/m_iIkZEl6qY?t=293

Notice he only needed to _pull_ tightly on the end to tighten that clamp!

For just pulling on a wire to close a hose clamp I might not need much room.
But where do I get those pull-type hose clamps?