Old June 4th 21, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
John Robertson[_3_]

Default Steering Rack Boot Replacement (clamp & tools)

On 2021/06/03 7:46 pm, Steve W. wrote:
> This is the same tool used for the CV boots that is used with the
> smaller rack boot clamps.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHlkv9kdVhY

I like your idea of seeing if I can get it as a loaner tool.

And that video was pretty good in that it was as real as real can get.

But what scares me is the video you provided shows the guy cursing away at
the clamp even as he has the entire shaft right in front of him on the desk!
https://youtu.be/uHlkv9kdVhY?t=1825

Can you imagine how difficult it would be on the vehicle?