Old August 24th 05, 02:04 PM
ZombyWoof

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:33 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:
<snip>

>One day people will put all this together and the politicians will be
>held accountable at the ballot box. It is happening gradually right
>now. Why do you think the Republicans have retained the House, Senate
>and more often than not the Presidency? The biggest reason is they are
>the only party that is willing to cut taxes. Even they aren't doing it
>enough to suit most people. It is happening here where I live at the
>local level. People can't understand why there property taxes are sky
>rocketing when inflation isn't. The expenses of the local government
>aren't increasing 20% a year so why are their local taxes. The average
>person is starting to see what is being done to them from a tax
>standpoint. It may take a few more election cycles but I believe there
>will be a major shift in the public's attitude toward how they are taxed.
>
>Well, I feel better after that rant.

Well I've been saying that for years, but it still hasn't happened.
The average American has absolutely no idea how much their tax bite
really is. Especially when they hide it under the names of user fees,
licenses and so forth. I sat down and added it all up once and about
****.

I retired from the Military ten years ago with a nice "little" monthly
stipend for life. It wasn't anywhere near enough to live on or raise
a young family so of course second career here I come. Currently I
pay my entire monthly Military Retirement Check (funded by taxes) back
in payroll taxes every bi-weekly pay period. Sort of like giving
Burger King a rebate for working for them every year. It sucks to
lose 2 times what I draw annually in retirement benefits funded by
taxes back in taxes.
--

Please Don't Steal - The Government Hates Competition

ZombyWoof
(take the dogs when replying via e-mail)