Old February 16th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Removing ignition switch without key.

"Ray or Bobbi Adams" > wrote in message
> Donty ou just remove bezel.? I know you have to a small pin or something
> in
> to remove the assemble and you need key for that.

No, the OP is correct. The bezel just holds in the ignition switch "module"
to the car. The key barrel can't be removed from the ignition switch
"module" without the key. They are two separate pieces that are combined.

To re-key a classic, you have to have the original key for the ignition. Not
for the other locks obviously, but specifically for the ignition.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302