Old May 16th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Psycho

Default My 1986 325es does not start up in the morning

On 15 May 2007 12:52:55 -0700, bmwguy2 > wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>I took the silver cylender thing to Kragon auto part and asked for a
>cleaner for it. They call "throttle body" and not Idle Control Valve.
>Anyhow, I had to go to BMW dealership to order the gasket because they
>did not have it in stock.
>I did not see anything unusual other than some black residue, I also
>cleaned it up with the "throttle body cleaner" that I bought from
>Kragon.
>I need to wait for the part to arrive at BMW dealership and then
>install it and try to see if it works any better.
>Once I put the whole thing back together then, I will let you know.
>
>Thanks,

Well, the part you took off was not the idle control valve. There is
no gasket for it. Now that the throttle butterfly is good and clean,
you can put it and the new gasket back on the car. The idle control
valve is the little valve that sits off to the side of that piece. It
is connected to two hoses (one side connects to the intake hose and
the other end connects to the piece you removed already. The is an
electrical connector attached to the end of it as well.