Old January 3rd 08, 04:08 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.dodge
Refinish King[_2_]

Default Check Engine Light With E85

Ethanol has more water than anything else:

There's always garbage on the bottom of the tank, so increasing the alcohol
content, tends to loosen up the water soluble; i.e.: Rust, sand, metal
filings that haven't stratified to the bottom of the tank yet.

So, usually the sensor will clean it self, with the fuel flow. But, on the
other hand. Sometimes the garbage solidifies on the sensor, or renders it's
ability to measure the conductance of either fuel in the mix, and can be
removed and with a little luck, cleaned off.

Otherwise, you'll need a new one. I helped a friend at a dealer diagnose
one, and the sensor was about $87.00 plus tax.

I hope this helps.

RK

PS
I think in your case, the sensor might be covered under the federal
emissions warranty, which I believe is 7/70 or 8/80.
et...