Old December 14th 18, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,ca.driving
arlen holder

Default Does your OUT OF STATE vehicle (car, mc, truck) have a 49 or 50-state sticker?

Does your OUT OF STATE vehicle (car, mc, truck) have a 49 or 50-state
sticker?

There is some disagreement on the Android/Apple newsgroups related to the
proposed 5-year retroactive California texting tax where someone brought up
the fact that they "thought" you could register a *new* out of state car in
California, that you bought with fewer than 7,500 miles on the odometer.

According to this reference, you can NEVER register it in California
(if they _know_ you bought it with fewer than 7,500 miles, that is):
<https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29>

Everything boils down to what the *sticker* says.
If the sticker does not have (literally) the word California, then it's a
goner. You can _never_ register it in California.

The sticker is all they care about (it can pass emissions, and it will, but
that's not what they care about).

Since I only have California vehicles, I want to ask others out there.

Does YOUR non-California vehicle literally have the word "California" in
the emissions label?