Old January 20th 20, 10:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Colin Jack

Default Web find - 5858.jpg (1/1) [270K]

On 2020-01-18 8:39 p.m., drek wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 09:29:27 -0400,Colin Jack
> >

>> On 2020-01-18 3:23 a.m., drek wrote:
>>> On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:33:30 -0600,dmoorman
>>> ganews.com>

>>> Boston, 1950s
>>>
>>> "From the Boston Public Library’s vast collection of Leslie Jones
>>> negatives comes this undated wintry photo labeled Rowes Wharf. One
>>> would think the Bostonian snowplow drivers would have done a better
>>> job and not piled the snow so far away from the curb, but it doesn’t
>>> appear to have impacted traffic at all."
>>> https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2015/01/27/boston-1950s/
>>>

>> If one pushes the snow in amongst the meters it is not possible to pick
>> it up with a loader or with a snow blower and it stays there to spring.
>> It is a common Canadian problem
>>
>> Colin

> Excellent point. My experience with snow is limited.
>
> Any thoughts on 5854.jpg? Looks like the person digging it out has an
> antenna sticking out of their back pocket. With the large amount
> pushed up from the store lot on the right, and the equally large
> amount from the road on the right, I wonder if he (or she considering
> the heels) isn't an employee driving removal equipment.
>
> Whatever the case they'll be there awhile.

I suspect it is an ice scraper. There appear to be two on the roof of
the vehicle. I suspect the purpose of what they are doing is to clear
the car enough that it is visible to snow clearing. Realistically with
the way it is buried they will be lucky if none of the panels are bent.

Colin