Old July 3rd 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger

Default More Dangerous Chinese Tire-related Crap

Steve > wrote in
:

> C. E. White wrote:
>

>>> When will the American consumer rise up in protest over this Chinese
>>> crap?

>> As a Consumer, how would I know that some tire store installed
>> Chinese crap?
>>
>> Ed
>>

> Its hard to know when a third party is doing the buying, but I for one
> ALWAYS look for a "made in China" label on anything I buy,

It's much more complex than that.

You can have a steel part made in Red China with American rubber
surrounding it. And you'd never know.

The carbon black in that American rubber likely came from China. And you'd
never know.

You can buy an American candy bar with Chinese soya lecithin in it. And
you'd never know.

That American-made bacon you had for breakfast this morning? It likely had
Chinese nitrite in it. And you'd never know.

You'd never know because the finished good is labeled Made in USA (or
Canada, which is the same thing).

Chinese-sourced food and non-food ingredients make up a far larger portion
of Chinese imports than finished goods.

Almost everything you buy has some Chinese origin, even if it says "100%
American made".

It's a little-known (except in the trade) fact that certain very cheap
commodities (vitamins, emulsifiers, vinyls, colorants, and many other
obscure substances) that are critical parts of American finished goods are
often sourced from Red China.

The funny thing is, about 99.9999999999% of the finished goods containing
Chinese components give nobody any problems of any kind. You literally
would have no idea because there is no problem.

Even funnier is that Red China labor rates would be climbing quite lot
higher and faster than they are if the Communist tyrants running China were
not so selfishly bent on preserving their own power, and if they were not
so willing to beggar their own populace in order to do so.

You can blame the Chinese Commie state-capitalists for greatly aiding
Western private capitalism. How utterly ironic.

--
Tegger