Old June 14th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

Default Crankcase vent hose, '87 Scirocco

> wrote in message
news
> "Bill Leary" > wrote:
>>I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose
>>(pipe?)
>>for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>> ((..omitted..))

> For what it's worth, www.1stvwparts.com (which is actually
> Auburn Volkswagen) shows both part numbers as available. 027103217F
> is for up to vin # ...16000 and 027103217K for ...16001 on.
> I have noted that occaisonally part numbers will show as
> available on the site only to get an email back saying they are not
> available. Might try emailing or calling them (Zach is the internet
> sales guy) and verify availability.
>
> Here is a shot of the ETKA page showing the part:
> http://web.newsguy.com/racertod/hose.jpg

Neither of these is correct for either of my 16V engines. They both have
something similar to the pipe labeled "5" in that drawing, except that they
have a curve at the end to go into the block rather than the 3 or 3A part
shown there.

- Bill