Old May 23rd 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Default CJ7 idle again

Rod's work news wrote:
> The best fix for these things is a carb kit and make all the
> adjustments as you reassemble.

And
- don't reuse the old carb gasket.
- use a steel to determine if the carb base and intake is level

Sometimes when folks put carbs back on (or when they find a small leak)
they solve that by overtorquing the bolts. This bends the ears and
creates even more leaks. A bit of sandpaper on a flat surface can be
used to work the base down a bit. The other thing is watch the gasket,
some have a front and a top.