Old October 5th 05, 03:21 AM
SVTKate

"RSCamaro" > wrote in message
: On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:16:43 GMT, "SVTKate" >
: wrote:
:
: >Funny, you are the only person I have ever heard with a problem like that
: >and I have been around shops a long time.
: >
: >Waiting a week to see the jobber IS a pain though, I can agree with Brent
on
: >that one.
: >--
: >Kate
: >2O|||||||O5 Liberty
:
: I don't think that he's the only person that has had trouble with
: SnapOn, Mac, and others tool truck purchases. When I worked in a
: machine shop I'd regularly break tools from the above companies and it
: can be a hassle to get replacements. The biggest excuse was always I
: don't have that (insert tool here) in a single and I'm not breaking
: that set, wait until next week.

Well, the guy that used to call on our shop and that my husband dealt with
was something special then because he was always right on the spot and if
you needed something he would make a detour on his route to get it to you.

I suppose that jobbers are like any other customer service rep. Some are
good, some bad.

: Have you seen the blue titanium coated ratchets that Craftsman is
: peddling lately. Very too posh, and almost too pretty to use by the
: looks of them.

Nope, there are four too chests in the shop now full, surely there isn't a
spot to put another thing.
Do you think that that big lettering that they are putting on the Craftsman
tools nowadays will rub off?

And for the record. Hub's tools are all Snap On. My two chests are nearly
all Craftsman. I'm just the girl and all that.
They all seem to work fine, but his have done some serious work for many
years he is a 30 year, professional, heavy duty mechanic.

Kate