Old February 12th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Transmission Problem? 1999 Jetta VR6

Which trans fluid is being used?
I will ASSuME that this is an automatic.
I have read that the VW authorized synthetic helps keep the shifting
smoother.

Of course it may not shift "softly" like a plush american car. ;-)
A lot of VW auto trans usually let you feel the shifts, at least the ones
that I have driven.

Try to test drive another 99 Jetta VR6 to compare.

If you find that an identical Jetta shifts "better" then maybe something can
be done with the electronics (ECM or TCM) to modify yours a little.

--
later,
dave

"Patrick Bennington" > wrote in message
. ..
> I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is going on here. The
> transmission is fairly "jerky" when shifting in normal city driving.

After
> I've been driving on the highway (65+ mph) for 30 or more miles the

jerking