Old February 15th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Transmission Problem? 1999 Jetta VR6

To clear the computer, probably 1/2 hour labour (maybe an hour... never
know).

Tranmission fluid is something in the neighbourhood of $20-35 per litre
depending on what their markup is, and it needs 10 litres... plus labour
(they have to drain it, clean the pan etc...) it was around $400 to have my
TDI's transmission fully serviced at 85K Kms, and very much worth it...
shifted smoother, and provided me with no problems till I sold the car at
155K Kms. (the mechanic took my car as a trade, he said if you don't do
fluid change on the VW 4-speeds they tend to not hold up as well as they
should, considering they use synthetic "lifetime" fluid - since I had it
done he bought my car, he said he doesn't touch auto-VWs unless they've had
tranny flushes).
. ..