Old October 13th 04, 01:09 AM
dave

>From: (Mark Kyprianou)
>
>> >I frequently have a problem starting my 94 Jetta, Multi-port fuel
>> >injection when the car is hot and has sat for about 5 minutes. The
>> >engine turns over fine, but will not fire. It sounds like the car is
>> >starved for gas.
>> >
>> >I've recently tuned the car up: plugs, rotor, cap, but the problem
>> >still exists.
>> >

>> fuel pumps working?

>The car does run, it's just hard to start when it's hot. Would a fuel
>pump perform differently if the engine is hot?

Yes it is possible to have a problem starting the engine if the transfer pump
is not functioning well and especially if the fuel has been heated up slightly
by the heat from running the vehicle.
This would be similar to Vapor Lock.
A fuel pressure test should tell you something.

Don't forget about a weak spark causing problems too! ;-)

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris