Old October 14th 04, 04:36 AM
dave

>>Sounds like vapour lock. Check how rapid the fuel pressure drops after you
>>shut down.

>That only happens with carburators from what I can remember.

Kinda true, but the fuel lines are still protected against heat for the fuel
injection systems. I would assume that heat might cause problems like they had
with the carbs and vapor lock.

That fuel should recycle back into the tank heating up that fuel slightly and
possibly the lines around the engine or exhaust components may heat up the fuel
when the engine is off.
Heat is what basically causes vapor lock.
I would think it is possible that vapor lock could occur with FI systems also,
or maybe I should say that it is possible that the fuel at the injectors might
have turned into vapor while the hot engine is off.

I would still suspect an ign coil problem though! ;-)

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris