Old October 21st 04, 02:44 AM
Richard Thomas

Default Which Walmart key for '98 jetta?

I just bought a Jetta but it only came with the valet key. I took it
to Walmart and explained to the key cutting drone that I wanted a key
but that it would have a different profile than the key I was handing
him. He then proceeded to try to jam my key into each of the 'it's
this key' holes behind the counter and then handed it back to me
saying he didn't have a match. I asked him if he understood that the
key would be different and he said he did.

I'm not saying he was dumb but either way, there was some kind of
miscommunication going on and I don't have much patience for that so I
took my key and left (or rather continued shopping but that doesn't
sound as dramatic).

Does anyone know if Walmart can cut master keys for '98 Jettas and if
so, what number key blank to use?

Thanks

Rich
--
An animal so poor in spirit that he won't even fight on his own behalf
is already an evolutionary dead end; the best he can do for his breed