Old October 21st 04, 05:06 AM
Randolph

As far as I know, the profile is the same for the valet key and the
master key. The difference is the length. I believe you can cut a master
key from a valet key, but you have to line up the tip of the blank with
the tip of the valet key. The way the machines are set up, the operators
will line up the shoulder of the blank with the shoulder of the
original, and you'll end up with a new valet key.

I have had good luck with Home Depot for cutting keys. They seem to have
a wide variety of blanks, even oddball ones.