Old October 29th 04, 03:56 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

You need to check the fuel pressure. Residual fuel pressure, when the
engine is off, should remain at a certain psi for a certain period of time.
The Bentley manual should explain how to test this.

If the residual pressure test fails then the problem could be the fuel pump
check valve or the fuel pressure regulator or leaking injectors or ???

You should also check the ignition to make sure the plugs get good spark. I
have seen some new ign. coils fail, they would send spark to the plugs but
the spark was too weak to allow the plugs to fire under compression.

later,
dave

m...