Old February 16th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default Car quiz for group question.

Today, Roadsign made these interesting comments ...

> Verner Johnsen > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:29:41 -0700, Doby
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Who can come up with the correct answer to this ?
>>>
>>>In what year was the the American Motors Company organized ?
>>> Do your research well, this is tricky.

>> The American Motors Company was founded in 1906 and based in
>> Indianapolis, Indiana.
>>

> And unfortunately went bankrupt in 1914.

which one? I didn't know about the 1906 version, but the later one
was bought out/merged with Renault in the early 1980s and was
bought out/merged with Chrysler in August, 1987. The latter was
mainly to get Jeep and resulted in a bribe payment of over $150M to
Renault to pay for engines never used in their POS Premier car that
we finished but could never sell.

--
HP, aka Jerry