Old December 21st 05, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 1987 - 5000 Quattro Turbo Ventilation Question - 329K

> After replacing the pads I took it for a test drive and I
> pushed the breaks hard, which may not have been a good idea.
> I'm going to keep an eye on the break fluid but I think I may
> have helped cause a leak due to the hard breaking.

They have to stop when you want them to so hard braking shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe pushing the pistons back in the calipers made the reservoir on the master
cylinder overflow (no biggy).

> I could probably ask a million questions about this car and
> you'd probably be kind enough to answer. I'm going to attempt to
> determine most of the answers myself, but I'm sure I'll have some
> other stuff to ask.

Be sure to visit the T44 forum at AudiWorld. Lot of very helpful guys that love
these cars and have a ton on information. Searching the history will answer
almost any question you have.
http://forums.audiworld.com/v8/

Don't let the V8 mislead you. Most of the forum is about the I5s.

> Thanks for all your help. Have you always been a fan of these
> cars?

Since the late 80s. I have owned four of them. Now I have the 98.5 A4 1.8 TQM
with APR chip.

> My brother and I sort of have had a family feud for the last 5
> or so years and we keep busting each other's chops; me about his Audi;
> he about my Volvos.

Ah, we got you now : )

> If I don't speak to you soon have a Happy Holiday and thanks
> again.

Your welcome and Happy (and warmer) Holidays to you too.

Tony