Old March 8th 12, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
euroteam1

Default Air vs coil

I am a retired Pastor trying something new. I just acquired a V W
Beetle/dune buggy. Apparently the kids who tried to build it couldn't
figure out how to raise the body of the dune buggy up from the V W
chassis to fit the 20" spoke rims. They put 2 pieces of HY 80 angle
iron in to replace the shocks. This clearly won't due. I am a little
mechanical, but I am new to this type of vehicle so I could use all
the help anyone can give me. I need to raise it up enough to ride
comfortably on the 20's but standard V W shocks wont raise it high
enough to clear the wheels, and if I'm not mistaken shocks are not for
lifting they are just for stabilize and absorbing shock. how do I do
what i need to do with out breaking my limited bank?