Old February 20th 18, 11:03 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

In article >,
alan_m > wrote:
> On 19/02/2018 23:36, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> >> the EU will soon be gone, and good ****ing riddance.

> > And given the EU is Nissan UK's largest export market they will likely
> > soon be gone too. Along with lots of others - especially in financial
> > services.
> >

> Project fear continues!

In the lack of any firm plans for the way forward after Brexit, just what
do you expect?

We have had May promising Nissan they won't suffer financially after we
leave. So taxpayer's money to subsidise car production? Seems only
yesterday Boeing were objecting to what they thought was that.

> These days a car factory in only in existence as long as the model it
> was built for is still in production. Manufactures wanting to build a
> new model prefer a green field sites in countries that gives them
> maximum grants and the labour cost is cheapest. In the case of western
> Europe its likely to be the former soviet aligned countries that will
> get future car manufacturing/assembly jobs.

Very worrying that not only do those countries apparently have human
beings far more suited to pick fruit etc than the English, but also have
better skills for car building too?
Perhaps we should simply give up now...

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.