Old July 1st 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
One out of many Daves

Default Aftermarket Gauge troubles

with the new Oil Pressure Sensor in place, are either terminals "grounded"
with no oil pressure? The "switch" terminal should light up your 12V test
light brightly while the sensor terminal will only create a dim light.

Are these VDO items? I ask because I seem to remember that there might be a
similar sensor on some Audis where neither terminal is "grounded" with no
oil pressure.

JMHO but it sounds like the sensor is not correct.
later,
dave
(One out of many daves)