Old November 15th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
stueckes

Default 2002 Jetta GLX VR6 Transmission Problem

My Jetta GLX VR6 Automatic has been hard shifting from 2nd to 3rd at
slow speed, approx. 25mph. This only happens when I go from a stop to
driving. As the Jetta begins it shifts from 1st to 2nd fine, then from
2nd to 3rd it revs up the RPMs and hard shifts, and then no problem
shifting into drive. This only happens at slower speeds. Once I’m
going, no problem, even if I accelerate hard. Does this mean I need a
Tranny, or could there be another easier fix? Please help, I am
desperate to find an easy solution. Thanks 8O

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/2002-Jetta...ict250256.html