Old March 12th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

Mario Petrinovic:
Latest development.
I am still researching all this, but it looks like, the bigger
Centering Spring, the higher you have to have cockpitLookDeadZone.
Now, I researched this all the way, and I realized that the most
natural FFB feels like when you have Centering Spring CHECKED. But this
DOESN'T work with the default cockpitLookDeadZone of 0.050000 (that's
iRacing's default, I presume that Logitech's default should be 1.000000).
Instead, this works pretty well with something like 0.800000 on my system.
It looks like, when unchecked it sends only something like 10% of
Centering Spring, which isn't enough.

Well, now everything works like it should have worked from the day
1.
So, cokpitLookDeadZone should be 1.000000, and Centering Spring
should be checked.