Old July 19th 05, 06:02 PM
Steve

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello:
>
> My son's Saturn was losing antifreeze and I was afraid it was going
> into the engine oil. A trip to the local GM dealer (nearest Saturn
> dealer is 240 miles and I didn't want to drive it this far) revealed
> coolant in the oil.
>
> They thought it was a head gasket so they replaced it but it is still
> leaking into the oil. They now think it is a piston sleeve and are
> working up an estimate. This engine has 45K on it.
>
> Can a leaky sleeve be fixed or will it need a new engine? And is it
> unreal for me to expect Saturn to cover part of this expense? An
> engine with this few of miles on it should not have this kind of
> problem. And what is the best way to contact Saturn to discuss this
> problem?
>
> Thanks for your help. You can email me directly at:
>
> dvoeltz!@!pie!.!midco!.!net (remove the !'s from the email address)
>
> Dave in Pierre, SD

Hi, Dave,
When I had the infamous engine head problem, my dealer's service manager
referred me to Saturn Customer Service in Spring Hill, Tennessee
(http://www.saturn.com/saturn/contact...x.jsp?nav=7000). From what I
understand, my service manager confirmed with them that I had maintained my
Saturn (it was not a neglect problem) so they agreed to cover the cost of
parts (about $1000 retail).
Hope that helps!
Steve T