Old October 17th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Eric O.

Default Offering extra services during routine maintenance

A couple days ago, I took my 2009 VW Rabbit in for its 10,000 mile/1
year service, as recommended by the owner's manual. When I got there
and the service tech was looking at my car, he said that based on how
the tires looked (I don't remember the term he used), he thought my car
might need an alignment. I told him to go ahead if my car needs it.
When they were done with my car, they said it did need an alignment.
One of the documents they gave me was one of those sheets of paper
showing how the wheels were aligned before the alignment - so I feel
okay about having that done.

The 10K service was free under VW's warranty, but of course they charged
for the alignment. I'm wondering, does this seem questionable? All I
expected to have done was the 10K maintenance service. Should I expect
the Volkswagen dealership to always offer services beyond the routine
maintenance when I take my car there?

Eric