Old May 1st 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
johnpaul215

Default 1970 parts Ghia in Philadelphia PA

I bought it a while ago (on ebay) and did not realize the amount of
rust.... and it's just not going to make it. It sucks, but i have to
face the fact that it's just rotting away. I also don't have time
right now to mess with it. Before i bought it, it appears to have
spent a good 15+ years under a tarp and maybe that kept the moisture
trapped underneath? anyway.... There are a bunch of random parts that
are usable though. I'm debating stripping it down for the usable parts
(glass is all good etc), and recycling the rest, but if somebody needs
a lot of odds and ends. Some body parts are a-ok (hood, i think the
doors?, seats etc.)... The guy i bought it from was restoring it, then
just stopped and left it for a loooooong time. He eventually gave up,
and that's when i got it.
i can post pictures online. It is a complete car (with a title, keys
etc) that was just left outside. contacting me off the list is
probably best to make sure i see it.

thanks,
johnpaul