Old October 17th 17, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.infiniti.q45,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Q45 won't start (cranks easily) how to diagnose?

Your Name > wrote:
>On 2017-10-17 13:32:26 +0000, Scott Dorsey said:
>> Your Name > wrote:

>>> Easy ... your local Nissan service centre can (probably) quickly
>>> diagnose the problem.

>> Not if his local Nissan service center is anything like mine is. The service
>> writer seems to have a preset list of services that every car needs.

>Of course they do, in terms of the regular maintainence "service", but
>for repairs it's different. If your local centre can't do proper
>repairs, then either they are not really Nissan licensed or they
>shouldn't be.

They might be able to diagnose my X, but they are more worried about telling
me that my Y and Z are about to fail and need immediate attention and that
if I don't replace my windshield wipers for $75 the sky will fall on me.
And that rip in the upholstery has to be fixed immediately, and those tires
are not authorized tires from the dealer but are third-party tires that are
suspicious and should be replaced. They don't _want_ to fix my car, they
want to sell me a new car and take my car in as trade-in.
--scott