Old July 24th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LLBrown

Default engine pull toughness scale 1 to 10

I am considering taking the engine out to have new valves and springs taken
care of. The engine pops through the exhaust when it is warm and looses all
power.

I am ok with my hands, I can build things, I have replaced water pumps in
tight squeezes and timing belts in a Geo Metro.

How hard, on a scale of 1 to 10 , is taking the engine out with a jack and
the correct hand tools (after disconnecting wires and hoses)??? Are those 4
engine support nuts really, really hard to reach?

a 1-10 job?

Thanks
LLB