Old December 9th 04, 03:04 PM
Rein

On 09 Dec 2004 03:29:35 GMT, (Nursinglifeline)
wrote:

>Auto with 18k miles on it.
>
>Are 'stangs generally reliable cars? I rented an '04 recently for a long trip
>and found it to be a nice ride so I'm just looking for what I might expect from
>it a couple of years down the road.
>
>Never owned one and am looking for input from owners.
>
>Thank you.

I think you're safe. Overall there aren't many things that will break
until in the 100K range or so.
Just take good care of the transmission. I'd do fluid changes more
often than recommended if I were you. Is this a v6 ?
Make sure there is some sort of maintenances history available to you
(even though that probably means oil changes only)
With 18K miles on it, it should look almost new. If not, it's been
neglected.