Old June 4th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default What is the record for an engine pull?

On May 27, 7:34 pm, VFW > wrote:
> In article > ,
>
> Randall > wrote:
> > VFW wrote:
> > > I've never seen one , but I've heard they do two person , pull and
> > > replace engine challenges. I believe they did it in something like 3
> > > minutes. anyone?

> > According to one of the Samba posts the record for out and back in is 2:17.
> >http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285505

> That is correct, Fred Simpson and Rand "Zubie" Foster did it in 2 minutes, 17 seconds. Starting gun goes off, go forward 10 feet, jack up the car, put it on stands, pull the motor, move it back 10 feet, then forward 10 feet and back into the car, the both team mates get in the car, start it, and drive it forward 10 feet, where it has to pass tech... what's even more amazing is that Rand and Fred came in First... AND THIRD in the same heat.

I have it on the old Super 8 film.
PS to the poster that says it was "bogus"... the car had to pass Tech
BEFORE the contest, as well. The accelerator cable, heater cables, all
4 engine mount nuts, and all wiring had to be intact, and tight,
before the contest, and after.
Yes, I was there.