Old January 16th 05, 12:10 AM
SteveBrady

I just had the jeep in for regular maintenance and the guy told me I needed
my rear brakes to be adjusted.
And I brought up the 'automatic adjustment' thing and he said that's an old
wives tale brought in, probably, from some import car design that didn't
catch on.

I've had the rears apart (different vehicle) and do see the adjusting 'star'
but don't see how it would auto adjust with the whole brake on reverse
thing. Was he feeding me a line to get more business out of me?