Old August 4th 18, 02:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On 3 Aug 2018 18:34:40 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

> That is for the remote entry fob - NOT the immobilizer key.

I know what you mean because the sister of this kid has a Camry 2005 with
the immobilizer driving her nuts because it goes on constantly.

When I'm done helping with the 2004 Lancer, I may get her some remotes for
her Camry and program them.

> 2 different animals - although some vehicles DO integrate the remote
> entry fob into the head of the key.

My even older bimmer does that.

> The newer cars use RFID to automatically unloch the vehicle when you
> approach, and lock it when you leave, and allow you to start the car
> without a key by pressing the start button.
>
> That is different technology COMPLETELY

Yup. These are older cars.