Old September 1st 18, 12:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 4 Aug 2018 01:19:13 -0000 (UTC), Arlen
Holder > wrote:

>My first concern, since the trunk doesn't open with the key, is to buy the
>fob that has a trunk button on it, if that will work and try it out.

I was looking for something else and I found this post, from a month
ago, so you probably won't see my answer, and if you do, I probaably
won't see yours. But my email address is good if you remove NONONO.

I too, with a 2005 Toyotal Solara had a problem that it only opened with
the fob or the lever on the floor.

Now I had 2 good fobs, but because it's a convertible, I had to disable
the lever on the floor. I guess the alarm would have gone off if they
climbed over the door or the back and opened the trunk, but the alarm
stops after a short time.

So if I'm out and the fob battery fails, no way to get into the trunk.

So I put in an electric switch, on the dash, that shoud have been there
in the first place. It wasn't that easy. Couuldn't find the wire --
well maybe I could see it but I couldn't reach it -- without removing
the left kickpanel and cutting into two different sheaths, looking for a
white wire. There were two of them so I had to test which one worked.
And I connected a push-button switch to that one and the cig lighter
that is hot when the ignition is on.

I'm really glad I did this.