Old March 29th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default O2 Sensor

Markr1001 wrote:
> i am wondering if there is a reliable way to check the O2 sensor on a
> 89 pontiac sunbird 2.0 OHC. i have read about a few different ways, but
> they all say you need a GOOD multimeter. my meter is not that good, it
> does quite alot and got me though my electronics course in college, but
> it isnt high impedence. any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> mark

========
========
Call around to some garages and find out who's offering "Free" (lmo)
computer
"scans" and go get one. Try to use an independent and stay away from
so
called "Chain Stores".
(You're more likely to get good results if the guy holding the scanner
didn't
quit Burger King last week to become a mechanic)

I'm doing about 5-10 a week....no charge.
wanna take a ride to Pensacola?

any whooooo......
a scan and data check only takes about 5 minutes, it's not that
complicated, and
more and more shops are starting to realize that charging for the
initial scan
a tatamount to being a "RIP OFF". jmo

~:~
MarshMonster
~takes a toke.....sips his shroomjuice.....that oughta start a fight~