Old February 18th 18, 06:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ultred ragnusen

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

wrote:

> Four thousand miles? Why so often? Is that what the owner's
> manual recommends?

There is no doubt that 4K miles is the correct number because the alignment
is correct and the front tires get a palpable feathering on the outside
edges after about 4K miles.

It's been reliable, as this is the fourth rotation of these tires, and the
same thing happens every single time, where I've actually been doing it not
by mileage but by the feeling of the tires - but when I write down the
miles, it's just about every 4K miles.

The roads are very windy for miles at below 20 mph and very steep.