Old November 1st 18, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
nospam[_4_]

Default Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who will die?

In article >, Vic Smith

> >> Hasn't happened. I have spent very little on repairs.

> >consider yourself incredibly lucky.

> Nah, it's not luck. It's selecting a car with good reliability and fixing
> what goes bad.
> I've had only 3 personal cars in the past 30 years. Doubt I've spent $3k on
> repairs.

that's an average of 10 years per vehicle, which is typical, if not
short, given that vehicles are more reliable than they used to be and
should easily last longer than that.

that is very different than one vehicle in 40 years, supposedly without
major repairs.

> Done by myself or a mechanic. Purchased all 3 used for $18k total.
> It's how I retired early.

nothing wrong with that.