Old November 15th 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Happy Traveler

Default '98 Explorer V8 Spark Plug Replacement?

The FM suffix appears to indicate platinum-plated center wire and
nickel-plated outside electrode (i.e single plat -- which is fine for COP
systems, but not for the older double-ended coil systems). Oh well, the last
thing I wanted to start is yet another spark plug war. Perhaps someone in
the know will enlighten us about those confusing Motorcraft/Ford
designations.

>> HT, after some more research I found out that the SP432 (AGSF32FM) are
>> the correct NEW plugs recommended by Ford to replace the AWSF32EE. It
>> seems the AGSF32FM (SP432) is a new Motorcraft Fine-Wire Platinum plug.

By the way, I found a typo in my advice about wires. Meant to say:
".... Measuring resistance (as suggested by some manuals) is also futile,
because it's typically NOT the center conductor that fails...."