Old February 13th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dufey

Default Intake manifold

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:29:04 -0800, "dosio" >
wrote:

>This is kind of follow up to previous posting. I've got 98' Expl. 4.0L , OHV
>only in a morning when start the engine and put shift lever on reverse or
>drive it died immediately, if I let it run for 30sec. it wont die. I replace
>EGR , IAC valve and Upper intake manifold gasket. Any ideas where to look?
>Thanks
>Dosio

The lower manifold gaskets need to be replaced also. The 00M12 tsb is
for upper, lower manifold gasket replacement and also cam chain
tensioner replacement. If you don't need the tensioner, just follow
the tsb as far as lower manifold gasket replacement. That should fix
the cold weather idle problem. Also cleaning /lubricating the IAC is
not a good idea. Since you replaced yours it should last 5 years or
more.
http://www.siriusnet.net/fordexplorer/tsb-00M12.pdf

Roy