Old June 17th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hal

Default 21HP B&S Engine

> The carb is original. I checked for loose connections, and was not
> able to see any. I also used carb cleaner near the gaskets and the RPM
> did not pick up. The carb rebuilt kid has a couple of gaskets and two
> needle screws. I can't see where and how to use the needle screws
> since this carb has nothing other than the RPM adj. The idle screw and
> high speed adj screw are not there. I really needed the idle mix
> screw. Sadly there is a little hole but no screws in to.
>
> The strange thing is that the Sears manual shows a screw there!

Am I reading this right, there is a hole there but no screw? Either
the screw vibrated out or there is a 'tamper' cap over the mixture
screws that you will have to pry off to get at the adjustment and the
hole you are seeing doesn't actually go anywhere. Do you have any
pictures you can put up somewhere for us to look at? Have you tried
spraying carb cleaner into the hole you are describing with the engine
running? Any change? If so...chances are something is supposed to be
there and it's probably out laying in your yard right now ;-)

Chris