Old June 25th 05, 10:30 AM
maxpower

"wildside1975" > wrote in message
news:1_614273_68fb111310d5431a16593e258aba0e92@aut oforumz.com...
> I have a 1994 dodge van with a 3.3 engine. It runs fine for about an
> hour, then once it gets up to operating temp then it backfires through
> the intake, spits and sputters and has no acceleration. Recently
> replaced the fuel pump, new spark plug wires, and coil pack.I tried
> loosening the gas cap and driving to see if it was possibly vapor
> locking. The codes we have are 12, 21 and 55. This mostly seems to
> occur when it sits and gets hot, but the temp gauge doesn't rise, so I
> don't think it is overheating. It drives fine for awhile and then
> starts dying. If I shut it off and let it sit for about an hour it
> goes away. Any ideas of what else to try??
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Topic URL:

http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-1...ict126048.html

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=614273

The 21 is an 02 sensor fault, but wont cause it to die out and shut off,
start with checking your fuel pressure. If you loose pressure while driving
it will slowly start losing power, backfiring and then could just shut down
until the pump cools off.
This fuel pump that you said you replaced..........was it an aftermarket
pump???

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech