Old December 31st 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E. Meyer[_3_]

Default 03' CRV: P0661....Intake Manifold Tuning Valve ControlCircuit Low (Bank 1)

On 12/31/09 11:56 AM, in article
, "ndccpf1"
> wrote:

> CEL was on then went off after a few days. I scannned the code and
> got this: P0661....Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit Low
> (Bank 1) however the CEL was off.
> I cant find reference to this specific code. Ideas of where to look ?

Standing in front of the car & looking at the engine, its under the big
round black thing on the left front (passenger side) of the engine. The
control solenoid appears to be on the hose that runs under the engine cover,
though its unclear exactly where it is in the picture in the FSM (it might
also be under the round black plastic cover).

The place to look for this stuff is in the factory service manual (FSM). I
don't know if this one is available on line, perhaps someone else will chime
in if they know a source?

The first step in troubleshooting it (from the '05/'06 FSM that I have) is
to reset the ECM/PCM and see if the code immediately comes back when you
start it up. If not, then it was an intermittent fault and you should
reseat the connectors and forget about it.

If the problem is still there or comes back, then there are three pages of
things to do in the FSM.