Old June 21st 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
bsquared

Default Engine Miss in Blazer S10 4.3 Vortec

packard wrote:
> My 1993 S10 Blazer is running low speed rough idle. I replaced the
> rotor and cap, spark plugs (wires are 3 years old), cleaned the EGR
> valve and put a new gasket in the EGR valve.
>
> Can anyone give me an idea of what can be causing the problem?

All of the previous advice is dead on. I have my own story with a '93
lumina. I did all of those things or what is realtive on my car. Ended
up being the Computer how ever. How to check, real scientific method
of finding roughly where it is locate, possibly above passenger side
wheel well, and giving a good thump in that area. It should kill the
vehicle immediately. Also my experience was when I started having
problems it would run stupid and sometimes run fine. Go to a GM dealer
for a rebuild if that IS the case. You can get a new eprom chip and
computer for almost half of what you can a computer from Autozone or
where ever. Don't know if this will help but it is worth a try if your
still in the "testing" phase and don't want to spend money you don't
have to. Price for computer and eprom for the Lumina from GM $280, but
after wasting $500 on things that were not necessary that's fairly
cheap. Good luck.