Old February 22nd 18, 07:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ultred ragnusen

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

critcher > wrote:

>> That's the problem with the internet - the blind leading the blind!

> so you are still on about tyres and nuts, jesus who do you work for ?
> kwikfit !!!!

Last night I did all six brake sets (12 pads/shoes) on a German car:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/22/fronts.jpg

The fronts mic'd greater than 0.800 inches so I kept the rotors.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/22/front_rotors.jpg

But the rears were below 0.7200 inches & they were edge lipped:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/22/resurface.jpg

You never know if a rotor will be below thickness specification until you
measure it, so since I didn't have a new set of rotors, I decided to try
the redneck methods of truing them up, just for the learning experience.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/22/drums.jpg

One nice thing about doing all your own mechanical work on a car is you
find stuff like this busted brake line, which you won't know if a mechanic
will find because they don't spend the time to look around that you might.
http://wetakepic.com/images/2018/02/22/brakeline.jpg

--
PS: I made a mess of the rotor resurfacing project, but I'm gonna replace
the rotors anyway since they were 0.695 inches in diameter, so it was just