Old July 2nd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

Default More Dangerous Chinese Tire-related Crap

"C. E. White" > wrote in message news:g4g2g9
> As a Consumer, how would I know that some tire store installed Chinese
> crap?
>
> Ed

Sometimes it may not be easy, but it can be worthwhile to find out in cases
like this.

I dont buy odd name brands, for one. I stick with Michelin or companies
that (I think)
I know.

You can look for the "Made In XXX" stamp on the articles. Ask the store
representative.
Dont buy a pig in a poke.

A while back there was a big brouhaha about the Chinese tires that were
imported to the US
under certain quality provisions, and the Chinese changed the manufacturing
process without alerting anyone. These tires started to fail, and the
Chinese refused to take any responsibility.

This can be really dangerous.

Just before I retired, I refused to accept any product samples of chemicals
from China because they would not entertain our QC tests and specifications.
Fine with me if they
dont want to spec their materials, but I damn sure didnt have to evaluate
nor buy from them.