Old March 9th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Clutch Does Not 'Return' - what would cause this?

"Couple weeks ago it went to the floor and sat there.
I can flick the pedal with my foot and it comes up"

I have a vague memory of an '80s Toyota Tercel where
the clutch pedal would work it's way to the floor on cold days.
The dealership couldn't fix it. So I had to take a look. It's been
a while but the problem was caused by the self-adjust not
working correctly in the cold. Fixed it with a 50 cent plumbing
washer. probably not your problem but I would crawl under
the dash and work the pedal lots until it happens. in particular,
look at how the return is designed.
....thehick