Old June 7th 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
exit

Default I installed a home AC unit in my pickup truck

I installed a home AC unit in my pickup truck now the rear window is
out and a camper shell
Is covering the bed and the small home AC unit was nearly a perfect
fit in the rear window opening
And I placed it right behind the driver's side and made some mounting
brackets to secure the unit
The AC exhausts into the camper shell and I opened the side windows of
the camper shell for the exhaust to escape.
I bought a Daewoo 500 BTU unit at Costco for 100.00 and it draws 480
amps with its rotary compressor
It has a 10.7 energy efficient rating.
By having the AC unit right behind me I have the cold air blowing
right on me just like the car AC does
By blowing cold air from the dash.
And I bought a voltage inverter from eBay and the remount control that
came with the unit is perfect
We have not had any extra hot days yet but it does keep me cool and
for under 200.00 I'm very happy