Old June 14th 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

Default Crankcase vent hose, '87 Scirocco

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> Bill Leary wrote:
>> I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose
>> (pipe?) for my '87 16V Scirocco.
>> ((..omitted..))

> Could you make one from some heater hose, fuel hose, and carefully chosen
> tees?

I'm trying something similar. The current hose is damaged where it turns to
go into the block. The rest seems to be in good shape. So, I'm going to
the parts store tomorrow to find an elbow with the correct diameter at both
ends (it gets smaller after the turn) and an in-line junction so I can get
the car going again. I'll keep looking for the right part, but I'm not
expecting much success.

I did this same trick for a water hose that failed about a year back and
it's held up fine.

> That might be the only solution unless you can find a good one in a
> junkyard.

I'll try that too probably. This particular part does NOT match the one in
any of the manuals I've seen. Those all look like the one racertod send the
URL for in another message. This one is an elbow at the block with a run
way over to the air box, and with a tap going up about half way along. Like
the one racertod shows, except the joint (3 and 3A in that drawing) just
aren't there at all.

- Bill